- Top level consists of an imagemap.
- Imagemap supports polygonal and discontinuous hotspot shapes.
- Supports up to 255 hotspots.
- Imagemap definition is made easy for complex hotspot shapes by using
a colour-coded hotspot map rather than manually entered coordinates.
- Imagemap supports rollover images fitting perfectly into the
polygonal and discontinuous hotspot areas.
- Auto-assignment of index entries to hotspots.
- Map can be scrolled bi-directionally if its sizes are greater than
the display area; this allows large maps to be easily handled in a small screen
- Optional micro-map aids user-orientation when scrolling around large maps.
- Framebuster capability: submenus appear
over other frames and windows or HTML content
in other pages without any need for coding
in those pages - allows highly efficient
navigation systems to be created.
- AWT submenu technology (fixed appearance)
- 10 submenu levels
- Preview panel can optionally be enabled for displaying
context-sensitive information when the mouse moves over a hotspot
- Preview panel can be positioned left, right or below imagemap
- Preview panel can be resized
- Preview panel text (colour, font, size, style, shadow effect) can
all be user-defined
- Preview panel text supports both automatic line-wrapping and
- Preview panel supports images (can be combined with text)
Multi-function click operations
- Powerful XIXL index format allowing
multiple command execution and tag graphics.
- Standard format for all our applets allowing 100%
portability of indices.
- Multiple source indices: may be read from external files,
dynamic server sources, static parameters, dynamically generated parameters.
- ZIP-compressed indices - load ZIP files and other compressed streams
for 90% reduction of server transfer time
- High scalability - supports extremely large indices.
- Change indices (and maps) at runtime using the drill feature.
- 10 submenu levels (more can be customised on request).
- Supports double-byte character sets on appropriate operating
- Full standard hyperlink functionality with frame-targeting,
anchors, absolute and relative addressing to anywhere
on networks or local file systems.
Multi-command functionality. Unlimited numbers of links
targeted into different frames may be triggered by a single
A single click can trigger an unlimited combination
of hyperlink, audio and other functions.
- DRILL command for runtime loading of new indices.
- TIMER command for timed event sequences.
- Path substitutions for reducing index file size.
- Hyperlinks can be optional URL-encoded by the applet.
- onLoad parameter for notifying your own scripts when the applet
has started running.
Multiple cursor types: "hand" and "wait" cursors
appear at appropriate times (not Mac).
Advanced safety management: JVM error detection with
escape page safeguards your site reputation.
- Requires JDK 1.1 including implementation of the AWT pop-up submenu
classes (available on almost all java-capable machines)