|Java menu knowledge base|
How fast will my order be processed?
You should receive automatic emails confirming your order
within a few minutes of ordering. If your ISP processes your email slowly, this
may delay your actual receipt of these emails. If you do not
receive these emails, it is likely that you entered your email
address incorrectly and that we will be unable to contact you.
Actual applet delivery can take from 3 to 24 hours.
In urgent cases we will do our best to ensure faster delivery.
zone differences. Typically an order from North America will
result in a delivery arriving early the next morning.
How do you deliver?
What exactly do I receive from you?
Applets are delivered with small starter packages. The
starter packages contain graphics, html and other resources
for a single small test implementation of the applet. The test
implementation is not necessarily attractive, but allows you to
immediately start and test as many of the applet's features
as possible, and also provides a framework from which to
start creating your own implementation.
You can copy or download instructions
and resources from our site. You are welcome to borrow the
graphics files used in our demonstrations, for example, and edit these to produce something
that conforms to your own taste. Every resource of any possible
use is available for download with the trial packs.
OK - you sent me the release package - what do I do with it now?
- Read the delivery email fully (it is detailed and important)
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP file into a new directory
- Read the readme.txt that came from the ZIP file
- Start the start.htm file that came from the ZIP file and read it completely
- If you already have a fully developed trial page and would just like to slot the
- First destroy the CLASS file(s) and any CAB or JAR files that came with the trial version, because
getting these mixed up with the release version may cause applet failure
- Follow the online instructions for uploading and upload the CLASS file(s) and any CAB or JAR files;
you are advised to read the uploading instructions carefully
- You will need to edit the <applet> tag to point to the main release CLASS file
- Do anything further as instructed in the delivery email
- Theoretically this entire operation should only take around 2 minutes at the most; however
careless file management and over-hastiness can lead to mistakes and wasted development time - please go slowly and carefully through these steps
- If you do not yet have a fully developed trial page...
- Read the online instructions for using the applet
- We recommend that you make a backup copy of the original unzipped ZIP
file as attached to the delivery email. This copy should be on disk or CD-ROM.
This safeguards you in case you corrupt, damage, confuse or lose data on your computer
I've just received my applet and I think it doesn't work...
First have a look at the support area of our website.
As we test every applet before sending it, it is unlikely that
it simply "doesn't work"; the source of error is likely to be
elsewhere, and may be user- or transmission-related.
After having a look at the support area and checking that you informed us of
the correct location for licencing, send us an email. We positively
encourage purchasers to test their applets very thoroughly on
delivery and confirm the success of these tests with us. Transmission,
unzipping and uploading are processes which can, rarely, damage
the software (if so, the effects are always obvious). We provide
the starter package specifically for fast checking of the software,
and are happy to assist purchasers, provided that they have first
read the information in the support area.